copyright © 2019 Vasileios Bourmpounis
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is such a popular term that one might
think it has always existed. It is this weird feeling we have, of being familiar with the term, using it, but in the end, if someone were to ask: “What is Emotional Intelligence?”, then we would find ourselves wondering the same question.
In simple words, EI is how “smart” someone is when it comes to
That is, EI is the skill that allows us to:
a) recognize at all times ours as well as others’ emotions,
b) recognize the real reasons that cause them in us as well in others, and
c) manage them in such a way so as to always have a positive outcome for ourselves and for others.
Are you really emotionally intelligent?
- Are you really aware of your emotions at every time?
- Are you selective to the emotions that you are ware of?
- Do you undersatnd what really causes every emotion you feel?
- Do you know beforehand what emotional climate your actions and words are going to create?
- Can you control your thoughts after feeling something?
- Can you alter your way of thinking in order to change your way of feeling?
- Do you know what or who triggers you automatically to negative thoughts and feelings?
- Is it your boss?
- Is it that direct report of yours who continuously tries to sabotage your authority every chance he gets and in every indirect way?
- Is it that arrogant new colleague who thinks he knows everything after his first month at work?
Whatever your level of EI you can always reach a higher state of understanding of yourself as well as of others.
I hope that during this wonderful trip of self-exploration, I will provide you with the right mental stimuli to help you reach your maximum potential of EI.